Thursday, September 6, 2007

~ ~ ~ Shaking ~ ~ ~

The typhoon is now hitting Tokyo. We're not yet in the highest wind speed range, but already the house is shaking quite a bit in the gusts, and the windows are rattling. I don't think there's any danger of the windows breaking (they are reinforced with wire in them), but I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight.

I'm supposed to be flying to Europe tomorrow on a flight that leaves at 11:30 a.m. The typhoon should be past here by then, so the plane will probably fly, BUT I am worried about whether I'll be able to get to the airport in time. I was planning to leave at around 6:30, but they are predicting that we'll still be in the center of the typhoon then, and in that case, there will be no trains running. I hope the typhoon just moves over faster than they expect.